Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dancing with The Belly

One of the most fun parts of this new Adventure in Pregnancy has been continuing to go out dancing together. In fact, the first baby movement I felt was after SummerDance one evening when we had been dancing salsa to live music. We went for Mexican food and the baby continued to dance and thud away inside me.

Adorable. Exciting. So frustrating that I could feel it but Douglas could not.

Following are some photos of our time out dancing with The Belly.

July 2007. 21 weeks. 3 days.
We were hired to dance at a wedding in Wisconsin. I was the DJ for this event and Douglas danced with our friend Holly for the show.






August 2007. 26 weeks. 4 days.
We were hired to dance for Terrazas wine company at The Park Grille in Millennium Park.

At this event we had a number of couples and I was able to sneak in a performance, too. It was so fun to still be able to dance in a show. We took these two photos afterwards at Cloudgate (aka The Bean). It's really hard to see The Belly here.... but trust me, it's there!






September 2007. 31 weeks. 4 days.
We were hired to dance for Quaker Oats to kick off their Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.

This time I danced a handful of times in the hour-long show, including the full 6 minute finale to Gotan Project. Sure, I was a hot sweaty mess afterwards, but it was really wonderful to be able to say at almost 2 months until delivery, I was still performing at (almost!) full-speed.

Sure, I no longer can fit into my tango shoes. Sure, I am panting like a mad dog at the end of the dance. But we did it. It's so neat to have these photos of Mami and Papi dancing to share with our son as he grows up.





No comments: